- Platform Configurator
- Getting Started with Selenium for Automated Website Testing
- Getting Started with Appium for Mobile Native Application Testing
- Selenium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner
- Appium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner and Matthew Edwards
System requirements vary depending on the number of parallel tests you plan to run.
- The most important thing to keep in mind when running Sauce Connect is your network connection. Running tests in parallel can generate quite a bit of network traffic. When running more than 100 concurrent sessions with Sauce Connect, we recommend bandwidth of 750Mbps or greater.
- We also recommend starting to run more than one tunnel when running more than 200 parallel tests. Check out High Availability Sauce Connect Proxy Setup and Using Multiple Sauce Connect Tunnels for more information.
- For increased reliability and security, use a dedicated server.
- Please keep in mind that that these are guidelines. Most environments have their own workload requirements, which can change the requirements for optimal performance. You will want to test and profile your own environment using these guidelines as a starting point.
Guidelines for System Requirements by Number of Parallel Tests
|Parallel Tests||Machine Type||Memory|
|Bandwidth||Recommended SC Tunnels|
|0-99||EC2 m4.large||8GB||2||450 Mbps||1|
|100-199||EC2 m4.xlarge||16GB||4||750 Mbps||1|
|200-399||EC2 m4.xlarge||16GB||4||750 Mbps||2|
|400-599||EC2 m4.xlarge||16GB||4||750 Mbps||3|
|600-799||EC2 m4.xlarge||16GB||4||750 Mbps||4|
|800+||EC2 m4.xlarge||16GB||4||750 Mbps||6|
On Unix-based systems, you may need to increase your open file limit if your parallel test count is high (for example,
ulimit -n 8192).