- Platform Configurator
- Getting Started with Selenium for Automated Website Testing
- Getting Started with Appium for Mobile Native Application Testing
- Selenium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner
- Appium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner and Matthew Edwards
If your app requires a third-party app, like Facebook or Twitter, for login, you can install these apps on the real devices you're using as dependencies.
- Log in to your account.
- On the Apps dashboard, select your project.
- On your project dashboard, in the Active Versions panel, click All Versions.
- Click the Dependencies tab.
- Click New Dependency.
- Browse to and select the application you want to upload.
Install Dependency on Device
- On your project dashboard, select Live Testing.
- Select the device you want to use in your test.
- When your live testing session loads, click the Version panel in the left-hand navigation.
- Click Install Dependency.
- Navigate to and select the dependency you uploaded.
Specifying the App Dependency in Appium Capabilities for Automated Testing
You can install an application dependency on a device for automated Appium testing by passing an array of app ids to the
testobject_app_id capability, for example
testobject_app_id:[4,6]. You can find the app ID on the App Versions page for the app.
Using an Apple ID on a iOS Device
Form some tests you many need to set up an Apple ID on a iOS device. You will be able to add that from the iOS settings.
About using the Find My iPhone functionality with an Apple ID
When using an Apple ID on iOS devices please ensure that the Find My iPhone feature is turned off. In case you do need the feature for your tests, ensure it is deactivated before ending your testing session.
Should you notice that the feature was left turned on when you ended your testing session, please do get in touch with us.
Using a Google Account on a Device
Form some tests you many need to set up a Google account on the device you're using for the tests. This account information will be deleted when your testing session ends.
- Launch a live testing session.
- Click on "Add Google Accounts" in the left menu
- Add your Google Account to the device