- The Platform Configurator
- Getting Started with Selenium for Automated Website Testing
- Getting Started with Appium for Mobile Native Application Testing
- Selenium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner
- Appium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner and Matthew Edwards
The Sauce Labs JIRA plugin lets you create and send a ticket from your test results to your JIRA Cloud or Server instance. The information in the ticket is based on the required fields used in your instance.
JIRA Cloud Installation and Configuration
- Visit the plugin page at the Atlassian marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/sauce-jira-integration/cloud/overview.
- Install the plugin onto your Atlassian Cloud instance by clicking Get it now.
- Follow these installation instructions: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/sauce-jira-integration/cloud/installation.
- Once the plugin is installed, you can configure your Sauce account by clicking Add-ons in the JIRA administration portal.
- Click Manage add-ons.
- Navigate to the Sauce for JIRA Plugin and click Configure.
Add the Sauce username and access key for any accounts that you want to be able to use the plugin.
Finding Your Username and Access Key
You can find your Sauce Labs username and access key in the User Profile > User Settings section of your Sauce Labs dashboard. You should also check out our topic on setting your username and access key as environment variables.
Using the Plugin with Sub-accountsAdding a Sauce account with sub-accounts to the Sauce for JIRA plugin will also allow each of those sub-accounts to use the plugin. You can see the sub-accounts associated with an account by logging into Sauce Labs and going to the Team Management page for the main account.
You should now see a Create JIRA Issue button on the Test Details pages of all authenticated users.
JIRA Server Installation and Configuration
Once you've configured JIRA, you need to set up the integration with your Sauce Labs account.
- Log in to saucelabs.com.
- Open the User menu and click My Account.
- Under Integrations, for JIRA Server, enter the URL of your JIRA instance.
- Click Save.
Sending Test Details to JIRA
- On the Test Details page of the result you want to create a ticket for, click Create JIRA Issue.
- Select the test assets you want to include with the JIRA ticket.
- Select the Project and Issue Type for the ticket.
- Complete the rest of the JIRA ticket fields as required.
- Click Create Issue.
You'll see a link to the JIRA issue you just created appear on the Test Details page.
Reporter Depends on JIRA Instance
If you are using the Cloud version of JIRA with the Sauce plugin, the reporter on your JIRA tickets will be the Sauce Labs Plugin. If you are using the Server version, the reporter will be the individual user account that files the ticket.