- Getting Started with Selenium for Automated Website Testing
- Getting Started with Appium for Mobile Native Application Testing
- Selenium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner
- Appium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner and Matthew Edwards
When you create a project, you provide information about either the website or application you want to test, and the device settings you want to use in your tests. Once you've created a project you can run manual or automated tests using the project information, and also create versions of the project to reflect changes in the application or website through your development process.
- Log into your account.
- Select whether you want to create an Android/iOS application project, a mobile website test project or apps that are distributed using HockeyApp.
For an application project, browse to the file containing your application, and upload it.
Uploading Apps with the REST API
You can also upload your app using the real devices REST API.
Installing Applications from Remote Locations
Instead of uploading and storing your mobile application on the TestObject servers, you can also install it from a remote location, and it will be completely removed from the device when your test run concludes. Check out Installing a Remote Application on a Real Device for more information.
Prerequisites for iOS Applications
You will need to export your iOS application .ipa file for Ad Hoc Deployment as described in Creating an ipa File
Prerequisites for Android Applications
You will need to build a debuggable version of your application.
- For a website project, enter the URL, Name, and Version Number for the website.
- Use HockeyApp if your apps are distributed by it.
Provide the HockeyApp API token of your app.
Set the Access Level
To connect you need an API token with full-access rights and your HockeyApp user has to have the owner or developer role for the app you wish to test.
- Enter the Device Settings for your project.
- Click Save.
Your project will appear on the Apps dashboard.
- Select your project to view the project dashboard.
On the project dashboard you can now select Manual or Automated Tests to begin testing your project. Once your tests run, you can view the results by selecting the type of test