- Platform Configurator
- Getting Started with Selenium for Automated Website Testing
- Getting Started with Appium for Mobile Native Application Testing
- Selenium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner
- Appium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner and Matthew Edwards
- Select the API you want to use in your test, Appium or Selenium.
The option you choose here will determine the other configuration options you can set.
- Select the type of Device you want to test against.
Note that Selenium includes options for iOS, Android, and desktop devices, while Appium only has options for mobile devices.
- Select the Operating System you want to test against.
- For Selenium tests, select the Browser you want to test against.
For Appium tests, select the type of test you want to run.
Web Testing Use this option if you want to use a mobile or desktop browser to test a website Hybrid Testing Use this option if you want to test a mobile client that is used to access an HTML-based site or application. If you choose this option, you will be prompted to provide the path to the client application that you want to test in Sauce Storage or some other location. App Testing Use this option if you want to test a native mobile application. If you choose this option, you will be prompted to provide the path to the client application that you want to test in Sauce Storage or some other location .
- Under Advanced Configurations, the options to capture screenshots and record video are set by default. Clear these options of you don't want screenshots or video of your test. You can also specify the Resolution for your test.
- Under Copy Code, select the scripting language you prefer, and you'll see the capabilities you've selected in the correct format and syntax for your language. Copy the code into your test script and you're ready to run!