We’re excited to announce the official launch of the 2nd phase of improved UX for real device testing. As mentioned earlier, this release offers significant improvements in the live testing and Sauce native app storage experience. These features are now available in production for all Sauce users.
In addition, we have created a new Sauce identity for customers who previously only had an account on our legacy RDC platform (also known as TestObject). All users will now be required to log into their accounts at app.saucelabs.com using their current credentials. If you have any issues logging in, please use the “Forgot Password” flow, or reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few more notes regarding the experience with the new set of features:
- The main difference you will notice is the Sauce native app storage in the UI and related flows.
- Your current test automation practices will not be interrupted. You can keep uploading apps the way you do today and reference those using test automation capabilities. However, when you are ready, you can start using the new storage APIs: upload native apps and reference those with the new Sauce storage. A significant benefit in the new Sauce Storage is that those apps WILL show in the storage view, and you will be able to use the same apps for automation AND live testing! To start using the new Sauce storage endpoints, see the Migration Guide.
- For live testing, please note that you need to upload your apps for testing. As mentioned above, you can upload apps manually, or you can upload them using the REST API.
- Tunnels: When you run a test (in automation or live) through the unified platform, you need to use Sauce tunnels. Please see the Migration Guide for more details. Again, existing test automation will not need to change tunnels until you migrate to the unified platform.
- Test Data: All test data in Sauce Labs represents only the data generated in the unified platform, by region (US-West and EU-Central).
- EmuSim: Native apps currently do not show in the Sauce Storage UI. This is on our roadmap.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our support team and we’ll be glad to help you with the migration or any other issue.
Return to the Product Announcements and Release Notes Blog