- The Platform Configurator
- Getting Started with Selenium for Automated Website Testing
- Getting Started with Appium for Mobile Native Application Testing
- Selenium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner
- Appium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner and Matthew Edwards
We are very excited to announce support for Android Debug Bridge (ADB) commands on emulators through Appium tests. ADB commands provide deeper access to the emulator and support new automated test scenarios. For example you can now inject images into the emulator photo library or initialize contacts using ADB commands in automated tests. Please refer to the following Appium documentation for more information and sample code.
This feature is only supported on Appium versions 1.7.2 and above. This feature is implemented by adding --relaxed-security flag to Appium sessions. However, note that there are no security concerns due this feature, each emulator test session is isolated and independent and emulators are destroyed after each test session.
Return to the Product Announcements and Release Notes Blog