- The Platform Configurator
- Getting Started with Selenium for Automated Website Testing
- Getting Started with Appium for Mobile Native Application Testing
- Selenium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner
- Appium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner and Matthew Edwards
|Table of Contents|
- Log in to Sauce Labs and select Manual Tests.
- Click New Session.
- Enter the URL of the application or website you want to test.
If you use Sauce Connect Proxy to access your application, select the tunnel to use.
- Select the browser or mobile operating system you want to test against.
Click the History icon to select browser/version/operating system/screen resolution combinations you've used in previous manual tests.
- For Web browsers, select the browser version, operating system, and screen resolution that you want to test against.
- Test assets such as screenshots are automatically saved. If you don't want to save them, clear the Save Screenshots, Logs, & Video option.
Click Start Session.
You'll see a loading screen, and then the URL you entered will launch in a manual test window. At the top of the screen you will see a tab with the test URL, and a menu bar that contains information about the parameters of your test and the time remaining before your test session ends. You will also see icons to Stop the test, Share the session with other users, use the Clipboard, take Snapshots, and enter Full-screen mode.
Note title Time Limit on Manual Tests
All manual test sessions are limited to three hours.
Use your keyboard and mouse to test the functionality of your website or application.
Info title Follow the Black Dot
During your testing session your cursor will appear as a black dot. You can use it to navigate the screen and interact with interface elements in the same way as you would with a typical arrow cursor.
- If you find a bug, click the Snapshot icon
This will save it to the Test Details page. to record it.
- When you're finished with your test session, click Stop
You can now download video of your test, and other test assets, on the Test Details page under the Metadata tab. .