- Make sure you've reviewed the System Requirements for Sauce Connect
- You should look over the examples of Sauce Connect Network Configurations to understand the best way to set up Sauce Connect in your network architecture
- You should read Sauce Connect Setup and Teardown Process to understand how Sauce Connect uses tunnels to connect your site or application under test to a browser running on a virtual machine in the Sauce Labs data center, and Sauce Connect and Security to understand how that tunnel is secured
- Take a few minutes and read over the Sauce Connect Best Practices
Different Machine, But Same Network
The most important thing to understand about setting up Sauce Connect is that while it doesn't need to be set up on the same machine as the site or application you're testing, it must be on the same network. Dysfunctional Sauce Connect Network Configurations illustrates some examples of network architectures in which Sauce Connect will not be able to create a tunnel, or will be too slow to carry out effective testing.
Download the appropriate version of Sauce Connect for your operating system.
Download Link SHA1 Checksum Download Sauce Connect v4.3.12 for OS X 10.8+ 99c2577373d31061af4c6c24c53f65fdbd7f17c0 Download Sauce Connect v4.3.12 for Windows 01c2b09a2b5e8b3c5f5f18b4481c69988927318a Download Sauce Connect v4.3.12 for Linux 8c24f989091e869d9a0cc387c3197590a1f20521 Download Sauce Connect v4.3.12 for Linux 32-bit 133501f013eccb5349ca2fa1d2c7cd5f540acc24
Installing Sauce Connect from NPM
You can also install Sauce Connect via the NPM repository..
- On the machine where you want to install Sauce Connect, open outbound port 443.
Alternatively, you can configure Sauce Connect with a proxy that can reach saucelabs.com by using the Sauce Connect command line options
--pac. See the topic Sauce Connect Proxy Configuration for more information.
After extracting the Sauce Connect files onto your machine, go to the install directory and run this command.
When you see
connected, you're ready to go!
Finding Your Username and Access Key
You can find your Sauce Labs username and access key in the User Profile > User Settings section of your Sauce Labs dashboard. You should also check out our topic on setting your username and access key as environment variables.