- Make sure you've reviewed the System Requirements for Sauce Connect
- You should look over the examples of Sauce Connect Network Configurations to understand the best way to set up Sauce Connect in your network architecture
- You should read Sauce Connect Setup and Teardown Process to understand how Sauce Connect uses tunnels to connect your site or application under test to a browser running on a virtual machine in the Sauce Labs data center, and Sauce Connect and Security to understand how that tunnel is secured
- Take a few minutes and read over the Sauce Connect Best Practices
Different Machine, But Same Network
The most important thing to understand about setting up Sauce Connect is that while it doesn't need to be set up on the same machine as the site or application you're testing, it must be on the same network. Dysfunctional Sauce Connect Network Configurations illustrates some examples of network architectures in which Sauce Connect will not be able to create a tunnel, or will be too slow to carry out effective testing.
Download the appropriate version of Sauce Connect for your operating system.
Download Link SHA1 Checksum Download Sauce Connect v4.3.13 for OS X 10.8+ d29ce847880ece5ea8c7cfa94b0c89de5a4f328c Download Sauce Connect v4.3.13 for Windows ef48816793bb6142341b2a81c52b030980d35eae Download Sauce Connect v4.3.13 for Linux 26d1f454864de104cac04afa457eddf510c642a2 Download Sauce Connect v4.3.13 for Linux 32-bit 5ca76dc1a4ff948d0249dc8d0e8a3d13bcc1e70b
Installing Sauce Connect from NPM
You can also install Sauce Connect via the NPM repository..
- On the machine where you want to install Sauce Connect, open outbound port 443.
Alternatively, you can configure Sauce Connect with a proxy that can reach saucelabs.com by using the Sauce Connect command line options
--pac. See the topic Sauce Connect Proxy Configuration for more information.
After extracting the Sauce Connect files onto your machine, go to the install directory and run this command.
When you see
connected, you're ready to go!
Finding Your Username and Access Key
You can find your Sauce Labs username and access key in the User Profile > User Settings section of your Sauce Labs dashboard. You should also check out our topic on setting your username and access key as environment variables.