- Platform Configurator
- Getting Started with Selenium for Automated Website Testing
- Getting Started with Appium for Mobile Native Application Testing
- Selenium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner
- Appium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner and Matthew Edwards
This topic describes how to configure Bamboo to work with Sauce for a Java-based project. It includes a set of demo tests you can use to test your configuration and see how Sauce interacts with Bamboo.
Using the Java Helper Library with TestNG and JUnit
If you are using the Java Helper Libraries with TestNG or JUnit
Create a Plan
- In Bamboo, click Create Plan.
- Click Create New Plan.
- Under Plan Details, for Project, select New Project.
- For Project Name, enter
- For Project Key, enter
- For Plan Name, enter
- For Plan Key, enter
- Under Source Repositories, in the Source Repository menu, select Git.
- For Repository URL, enter https://github.com/rossrowe/sauce-ci-java-demo.
- For Branch, enter
- For Authentication Type, select None.
- Select Use shallow clones.
- Click Configure Tasks.
- Click Add Task.
- Select Maven 3.x.
- For Task Description enter
- Click Save.
Configure the Plan
- Under Plan Configuration > Stages and Jobs > Default Stage, select Default Job.
- Click Miscellaneous.
- For Job Name, enter
- Select Job Enabled.
- Click Save.
Enable the Sauce Plugin
- Select Enable Sauce OnDemand.
- In General Settings, select the Selenium Version you want to use for your tests.
- Select the Browser you want to run your tests against.
See Referencing Environment Variables for Bamboo Jobs for more information about how your browser and general settings are used to populate environment variables for your tests.
- Enter the Max Duration, Idle Timeout, and Starting Browser URL settings for your test.
Sauce Connect Automatically Enabled
In the General Settings you will see that Enable Sauce Connect is selected by default, which will launch an instance of Sauce Connect prior to the running of your Job. This instance will close when the Job completes.
Run the Example Tests
- Go the Bamboo dashboard.
- Click the Enable icon.
- Click the Run icon.
- After the tests complete, click Sauce Jobs.
- Click the Job ID of any job to see the steps performed by the test as well as a test video.