- The Platform Configurator
- Getting Started with Selenium for Automated Website Testing
- Getting Started with Appium for Mobile Native Application Testing
- Selenium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner
- Appium Bootcamp by Dave Haeffner and Matthew Edwards
Return to the Product Announcements and Release Notes Blog
Hi Sauce User,
Sauce Labs is happy to announce that we have just completed upgrading our Android Emulators to use Emulator 2.0, Google's latest emulator technology offering performance "up to 3x faster in CPU, RAM, & I/O in comparison to the previous Android emulator."
As part of Sauce's effort to modernize our product offering to better match our users' testing needs, we realized that our Android Emulator product was due for a total overhaul. Over the past 6 months, we have been hard at work rebuilding our entire Android Emulator product from bare metal up. The result is completely new AVDs that take advantage of all of Google's latest improvements to emulators, including:
- updated Google Play Services versions,
- significantly higher RAM, internal storage, and heap size allocations,
- camera and gallery enabled,
- automated and standardized AVD building, for a more consistent experience across our Emulator devices,
- more emulators available for you to run a higher volume of tests at higher frequency than ever before,
- and improved reliability and performance with all-new servers in a new data center.
Sauce Labs is committed to scaling with your testing needs, and has doubled down on ensuring that our architecture continues to be able to provide a reliable and performant experience for our users. We look forward to serving you with all of the upcoming updates in our pipeline soon.
Product Manager, Virtual Platforms